Friday, April 4, 2014

Recipe: Avocado Smoothie

Over the past weekend, my mother-in-law was in town to visit from southern California. I think she must have brought the warm weather and sunshine with her. Thank you Mama Chang!

It was a fun few days of cooking, eating out, walking and enjoying the sunshine and trying new things. We attended a modern dance show at Virginia Tech's new Center for the Arts, enjoyed breakfast at our favorite restaurant, cooked up some yummy dishes, went for warm walks in the sunshine and sat around being lazy. It's hard to ask for a better weekend than that!


 When she arrived for the weekend, she came with two bags full of delicious groceries (THAT I can totally handle), including a big ''ol bag of avocados. We here in the Chang household are obsessed with avocados. They are chock full of nutrients and beautifying healthy fats. I eat at least half an avocado per day, if not a whole. On toast, salads, sandwiches, sprinkled with black pepper... we've eaten avocado on just about everything but she insisted on making an avocado smoothie, definitely new to me! Of course, I was intrigued and had to try it!

The result was smooth, filling and simply delightful. Give it a try! Feel free to expand this recipe with your own desired additions. I really think it would pair well with mango, banana and/or pineapple... and of course some fresh greens if you are daring :)


Avocado Smoothie (serves 2)

1 Avocado
16 oz Vanilla Soy Milk
1 Serving Vanilla Protein Powder
Agave Nectar To Taste
1 Cup Ice

Blend until smooth!



Don't be afraid to try something new!


Hope you have a great Friday and an adventurous weekend. TGIF!

2 comments:

  1. Love avocados in my smoothies! it makes it so creamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That avocado smoothie sounds so good, so I pinned the recipe for later use. I can't believe that I don't have any avocados in the house right now. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email