Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Recipe: Asian Chopped Salad

I'm feeling guilty right about now, because my sister-in-law has been asking for this recipe for weeks and I'm a bit behind in sharing it. Yesterday, however, we had a potluck to celebrate with my boss who is making a big move to Florida this weekend...major sad face on that one :( Anyways, I knew that this would be the perfect dish to bring and lucky for you all, this time I actually wrote down the recipe as I was pulling it together.


Ingredients
1 lb bag cabbage slaw mix
2 colorful bell peppers, diced
1 serrano chili pepper, minced
1 large carrot, grated
3 green onions, diced
1/2 c. cilantro, diced
1/2 c. cashews, diced
1 c. fresh edamame

Dressing
1-3 in piece of fresh ginger, grated
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 c. creamy natural peanut butter

Directions
In a small bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients. In a larger container (I suggest a container with a lid), combine your slaw ingredients except for the cashews. Combine your dressing and slaw and mix well (i.e. close that lid and shake it up!). Top with cashews prior to serving.



This salad is a perfect side dish or for get-togethers and summer parties! Bright n' beautiful and full of flavor and nutrients.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Follow by Email