Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Recipe: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie

I've always been the type of person who feels as if rules are meant to be broken. To me, 'rules' are more like 'guidelines' than the law... and the same goes for nutrition!

So when it comes to having chocolate for breakfast (occasionally), I say "why not?!!"


This recipe was created on the fly. I was late home from my morning swim last Friday and needed a quick meal before work. I raided the fridge and threw together what felt right... chocolate included :) Which reminds me of another rule I enjoy breaking: filling my blender beyond the "max fill" line. I almost always do so as I happily toss ingredients into my smoothie, which of course results in a sloppy mess. Womp. Oh well :)


Ingredients

8oz vanilla soy milk
1 handful frozen strawberries
1/2 banana, frozen
1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
6oz plain greek yogurt
Splash of cherry juice (optional)
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)

Directions

Blend until smooth.

Sip slowly...

and quickly forget that you're late for work...

After all, this is one meal not to be rushed!


Nutrition facts: 400 kcal, 48g carb, 9g fiber, 18g fat, 21g protein, 33g sugar


Post swim happy vibes...enjoying my smoothie of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email