Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween '13 & Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last year Halloween came and went and I barely acknowledged it. This year was quite different. I dressed up spirit of a halloween rodeo we were having at work (much to the amusement of our residents) and also brought along my cutie pie pup in her banana split costume. She was such a trooper in her outfit and incredibly sweet, gentle and calm throughout the day. The residents ADORED her. How could you not?

A few scenes from work... yes I'm attracted to ALL cute animals.
Another pic of my "banana split."
A fabulously fun photo booth pic from our church halloween party. Pic courtesy of NLCF.net

For Halloween I made a batch of the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies that my grandmother had brought me the previous weekend. I'm going to share the recipe (because it's amazing) with two disclaimers: (A) I can't take credit for the recipe and I don't know the original source (B) These cookies are the best I've ever tasted, soft and sweet with melt in your mouth chocolates, and I did nothing to make this recipe 'healthier!' Count these as a treat, because those are important too when it comes to long term sustainability of an overall healthy lifestyle. I promise I'll get back to posting my normal healthier recipes after passing this one along :)


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients


2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of ground ginger
1 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
About 15 oz. of canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions 


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl and set aside. Let butter come to room temperature and mix in bowl with brown and white sugar. Once this is well combined, add in the pumpkin, the vanilla and the egg. Beat until it's all incorporated. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips. Use a cookie or ice cream scoop and place in rounded spoonfuls on baking sheet. You can put them closer together than you think because they barely spread. Bake for 12- 15 minutes. Let them cool about 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to let them cool completely.

Indulge & Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a pup in a banana split costume? So cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I bought the stuff to make these tonight but have two questions for you:

    1. How much did the recipe yield (i.e. batches)?

    2. Did you use unsalted butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I can't quite remember the yield. I think roughly 2-3 dozen cookies depending on how big you make them! Unsalted butter. Hope you like them!

      Delete

Follow by Email