Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Riverstone Farm Share: Week 1


I'm happy to report that we've officially picked up our first farm share package! I'm pretty stoked about our grab bag of goodies-- leave it to a dietitian to be giddy about a bag full of vegetables. Our veggies are coming from Floyd, VA, just about 45 minutes to the south of Blacksburg. Since we enrolled in the enhanced "Taste of Floyd" package, we will also be receiving farm fresh eggs, locally roasted coffee from Red Rooster Coffee Roaster and a loaf of bread from Sweet Water Baking Co, which produces wood fired organic baked goods.

While at the famers market, we also picked up a few more plants for our patio garden: A hillbilly heirloom tomato plant, pepper plant and jalapeno plant. They'll stay inside for a few more weeks before we permanently plant them outside.


Pigtails, Hokies & Plants/Veggies: That's me for ya.

Tomato plant in the back, pepper plant on left, jalapeno plant on right.

Here's what I did with my share:

Fresh baked bread with homemade almond butter...yipee!

Sesame Noodles with Mustard Greens

(I added edamame and sauteed tofu)


They're like miniature potatoes...
The mixed greens were perfect in making my favorite salad for lunch...


 My husband apparently loves radishes raw, so I made him little veggie snack packs...

I love the color spectrum of the radishes!
Spinach, Avocado and Cheese Sandwich for the hubby for lunch.

I haven't yet decided how I'll use the rest of the spinach and the asparagus... but we're only halfway through the week! Happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so yummy Kristen!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email