Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

This past weekend I celebrated my 26th Birthday doing all of the things that love dearly...

Saturday began with friends, waffles and a stroll downtown to check out the farmer's market and a yard sale...



After a lazy afternoon, the hubby, pup and I hit up the trails for a longish run of two hours. We kept it very easy and fun with lots of pictures along the way...
The BEST trail buddy

Kenya makes for great company too :)

Rock jumping...

Dancing and singing...why not?

Smiles all around!

The run started off sunny and ended with a thunderstorm. Probably not a great idea to be climbing a mountain during a storm, but we really had no choice in making it back to our car. Regardless, I LOVED it. 

Moving on to Sunday: Mother's Day & my Birthday!

After an early morning trip to the grocery store, the hubby and I enjoy breakfast on the porch while soaking up the sun. After a rainy week here in Blacksburg, I really was praying for a sunny day so I could be outside!

I spent the remainder of the morning cooking up a few dishes in the kitchen (including a delicious strawberry greek yogurt cheesecake, recipe to folloe soon). Once the temperature had risen a bit I headed out with the hubby to enjoy my birthday gift to myself:


It's been 7 long months since I've taken my beloved Serrotta for a spin...and cycling in this valley was one of the main draws of us coming back to live in Blacksburg. Endless miles of green pastures, horses, cows and even the occasional wild turkey, streams, mountains, abundant sunshine... What's not to love? 


Last year I celebrated my birthday in a big way by running my age (25 miles), starting this blog and becoming vegetarian. This year was definitely a lot more laid back and I'm okay with that. I guess though I should be wishing a happy first birthday to this blog! Yea! I'm looking forward to seeing what the next year brings...

The weekend's workouts were relaxed and all play, exactly what I need before ramping it up again starting this next week. It's been a LONG time since I've had a steady period of structured workouts and I'm really looking forward to getting back into the groove of training hard!




1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had great weather for your birthday ride! I can't wait to get back to Blacksburg this weekend, but won't have time for a run while I'm there... I'm doing the Hokie Half in September, though!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email