Friday, April 12, 2013

Boston on my mind...

Two days until the Boston Marathon and I'm pretty pumped!! While I'm definitely not racing this year, I have a lot of friends who are and I'm pretty stoked about all things Boston knowing that I'll be (hopefully pending official admission) lining up at the starting line in Hopkinton next year!

To celebrate, I'm posting some of my favorite media I've seen as of late concerning the race.

But first, big news... Last weekend we added a new member to our Boston-qualifying gaggle:
Congrats Devon!! (center, #226)
Never been to Boston and curious about what the course is like? Check out this awesome course overview courtesy of PRS FIT Endurance Coaching:



I love that he touches base on the importance of nutrition prior to the race start.

My two favorite elite females will be lining amongst the other elites on Monday. I love this article on Kara Goucher, who will be racing alongside teammate Shalane Flanagan. [On a side note, I got to have a long conversation with Shalane's mom at the Beijing Olympics outside the track stadium... yup, that's my claim to fame haha]. Maybe they'll be there next year and I can meet them.

Picture from http://marathonmind.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/dunksvc-nike-com2.jpg

Not sure why Boston's such a big deal? Check out this ESPN article, The Mecca of Marathoning.

And for a bit of humor...Are you already tired of hearing about the Boston marathon? Better invest in these:



To the athletes racing--- good luck and have fun! I will be cheering you on from my office computer and living vicariously through your experience and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email