Sunday, March 17, 2013

Celebrating St. Patty's Day: My Favorite Green Foods

In honor of St. Patty's Day, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite green foods:

Spinach


Green Beans


Edamame


Avocado


Green Smoothies

More of a combination of green foods :)

Sprouts


Kale


Avocado

Seaweed Snacks

These have been a new addition to our snacks and we both love them!

Others favorite include: Baby bok choy, golden delicious apples, honeydew melon, green tea and basil!   I didn't realize until today how long this list was!

And also to celebrate St. Patty's Day, I enjoyed this yummy smoothie for breakfast:

Key Lime Green Smoothie


Ingredients:

Juice of 1 lime
8oz vanilla soy or almond milk
2-3 handfuls baby spinach
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
Zest of 1/2 lime
Graham cracker crumbs (optional)
whipping cream (optional)

Combine spinach and soy milk and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients except the graham cracker crumbs and blend again. Top with graham cracker crumbs and whipping cream (optional).

What are some of your favorite green foods??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email