Thursday, November 29, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal : November

The Lean Green Bean

Foodie Pen Pals is a program where you are matched with a blogger or blog-readern at random from across the United States and get to send and receive food packages. Sort of like those goodie packages you would receive from mom in college. As the Foodie Pen Pal website states, boxes are to be filled with "fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!... The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!" At the end of the month, you blog about your fun goods for the other participants to see...

Now for my November reveal! And I gotta say...

My Foodie Penpal for November was REALLY awesome.


I mean check out these goods!


What I received:
 
Vegan stuffing
Raw crunch snack bar
Fruit strips & other raw snack bars
Assorted teas & chai
Apple cider drink
Cherry jam
Veggie chips
 
Notice how the apricot bar is empty? That's because I was hungry and ate it before I could take a picture of it :)




The veggie chips didn't last one night. Even the dog enjoyed a little treat :)
BTW - my hubby had been asking for veggie chips for over a month. Thank you foodie pen pal for making him VERY happy.


Included in my package was a bag of vegan stuffing. And, it was perfect for our first ever Thanksgiving as vegetarians!!


This was my first go around at being a Foodie Pen Pal, and it was an awesome experience.

Here's why:

I love food

I love mail
                                     
I love handwritten notes

I received lots of snacks to stash away in my new office for work day munchies

Food is awesome

The End.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great bunch of goodies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your package!! I'm extra happy that you got it before Thanksgiving so you could enjoy the stuffing! I was a little worried you wouldn't get it in time cause of the holidays. I know mail can be a little iffy around this season. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was awesome Maria. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, it was my pleasure!

      Delete

Follow by Email