Tofu, Egg and Spinach Scramble, Serves 3
- 1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed
- 9 eggs, whites only
- 3 servings of firm tofu (3/5th's pkg)
- 1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 c. salsa
- 1 avocado
- Separate egg whites into a bowl and set aside. Season with pepper or Mrs. Dash (optional)
- Prepare a saute pan with cooking spray, then add the spinach (thawed) and tofu
- Stir to mix and crumble tofu. When tofu is lightly browned, add egg whites and scramble.
- Lastly, when mixture is almost cooked, mix in the feta cheese.
Divide the scramble into three servings. Top with sliced avocado (1/4th avocado per serving) and salsa (1/4th cup). Enjoy with a piece of multigrain toast for a well-rounded breakfast rich in protein, healthy fats and fiber.
|Be sure to stir frequently during the cooking process!|
|Delicious and filling too!|